Monday 23 February 2015

KUTCH EXPEDITION 2014 : DAY IV , towards Bhuj and a sneak peak into the handicrafts of Gujrat

#  DAY IV : Dholavira-Bhuj

32.       I left Dholavira early as I had a long way to cover and as i retraced my path towards Rapar I was feeling warm within to have been fortunate to visit places like Dholavira and Khadir bet which not only are beautiful but also have a strong historical significance.

33.       Soon after Rapar I turned right towards chitrod to join NH 15 which was supposed to take me to Bhuj, which was my destination for the day. Rapar is I realized quite a prominent town considering the remaining pockets where people stayed in the region and it was bustling with activity in the morning. Another significant way point on this route is the RTO at Simalkhi. Thereafter I proceeded ahead towards the town of Bachachu where I took the bypass underneath the flyover to turn right and found myself on the Anjar bypass road , a narrow stretch which after 25 km joins with SH 46 which took me straight to Bhuj.

35.       This country is so huge that in many parts people just live their lives in entirety with no consciousness of what is happening in other extremities of the country and as I travelled on these roads I was constantly remembering of my journey in secluded places like the regions of Ladakh or for that matter the forested areas of Karnataka.

36.       Around 8 km ahead of Bhuj I stopped at a small village called Bhujodi which showcased the arts and crafts made by various artisans as per the geographical locations within Gujrat. The Hiralaxmi park is a must visit for the above and one can even buy stuff at subsidized rates. After spending close to an hour out here I decided to go towards Bhuj and look for a place to stay. In view of the ongoing Rann Utsav, the prices had shot up of all hotels within the city and I was lucky to find a highway hotel in the outskirts of Bhuj that served my purpose very well.

37.       In the evening I went to look around Bhuj and visited the Kutch museum as well as the Laxmi Narayan temple which look resplendent in the evening.

38.       As a piece of suggestion avoid taking the NH 15 towards Bhuj rather opt for the Anjar Bypass road for it will save on a lot of Kms, time and fuel.


ODO for the day 82529


@BHUJODI  


DOORWAY TO EXPRESSIVENESS 




SWAMI NARAYAN TEMPLE BHUJ  


THREADS OF LIFE  


THROUGH THE WINDOW  


















HAMIRSAR LAKE BHUJ  


KUTCH MUSEUM BHUJ  


LIFE MOVES AHEAD 


No comments:

Post a Comment